WHEW! I have had a long dry spell without being about to quilt…and I don’t like that at all! It also means I have not posted on this blog in a very, very long time. My apologies, if anyone is following this!
I decided last weekend that the world had to stop for a moment so I could put the last two rows on “GeoMe”, aka Rachel’s quilt, and get that quilt top DONE! It was remarkable how quickly it went, once I got to it. Matching the seams on this quilt was NOT easy – even though the pattern was marked as ‘easy’. Thank goodness my friend Ruth gave me a hint about the third row in to fold it over to the previous row and match from there. That made all the difference! I do have a row that is wacky, and unfortunately, the side border seams did not match the row seams. However, I decided it did not warrant ripping those out and sewing again. So be it! Once it is quilted (you know where I would go with that beginning!)…
So here is the finished top. I have the pattern made up for the back – kind of an ‘H’ shape, with the horizontal line up high. The ‘H’ will be done in pink and pieced with some of the left-over patterned squares, and the rest of the backing is called Steel. I hope the contrast will look good. The binding is a bright pink, taken from some of the patterned squares. Can’t wait to get it done, too, so I can take it to Vickie for quilting!
Well, sorry – I thought I had the picture saved in the ‘cloud’ but can’t find it now – I will post it this week.